Well now, I’ve been completely blindsided. I didn’t even know that blogging awards existed until today. What a pleasant surprise! I feel compelled to make some sort of sappy acceptance speech. I’d like to thank A Trillion Miles for the nomination, my parents for bequeathing unto me fast-finger-typing genes *cue barrage of tears*, and Tim Berners-Lee (who is, apparently, the man to thank for the existence of the World Wide Web… I just put him in there to show off the one bit of information I actually learned in my Media History class). And, uh, I really do want world peace!
I guess there are some rules to follow:
1. Display the Award Certificate on your website. (check)
2. Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award. (done)
3. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers. (on it)
4. Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Here are 15 inspirational blogs (listed in no particular order) that I enjoy perusing. If any of y’all have already received this award, well, congrats on your amply stocked trophy case, you little winner you!
10. The Jiggly Bits
14. Out of Focus
15. House of Geekery
And now for 7 interesting things about me….
1. I love dark chocolate, avocados, and chai tea. But not together. Well, maybe, I’ve never tried it….
2. I have an unusual penchant for personality quizzes and the like. Maybe it’s the psychologist in me (but I’ll take the slightly questionable “which Disney character are you most like” kinds of tests in addition to the more psychologically sound options). I enjoy having elements of my psyche revealed almost as much as I like having the computer screen tell me that, if I existed in the Whovian universe, I’d totally be a Time Lord. And some examples: For Disney, I’m Rafiki; Myers-Briggs/Keirsey Temperament says I’m an INFJ; Middle Earth elf over here; oh, if only I could actually bend water; Gryffindor ties with Ravenclaw; and I’m a proud member of the likely-to-survive-the-zombie-apocalypse club!
3. My first language is Beluga Whale (Beluga Welsh, if you will). My parents took me to the zoo when I was six months old (my first memory is of seeing the majestic beluga whale, but I don’t remember the next bit). Apparently, I made some weird humming noises after which the whale and I carried on a friendly discourse. Long story short, I’m solidly bilingual.
4. I’m afraid of stoves and talking on the phone. And my greatest fear: being poisoned with tetrodotoxin and having my organs harvested while I’m still alive.
5. My biggest crush ever was on Doctor Who (the David Tennant incarnation, obviously). I continue to have more crushes on fictional characters than on real people. This does not bode well for the future of my social life.
6. I love (well, loved) my prissy cat. She got eaten by coyotes, but I pretended that she ran off and joined a clan of warrior cats.
7. One of my greatest dreams involves writing a book which I then get to turn into a movies (*shakes fist at Stephen Chbosky who beat me to the punch*) and/or translating all my favorite novels into screen versions.